Catholic Health Initiatives PHYSICAL THERAPIST - Mercy - FT 1.0 in COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa
PHYSICAL THERAPIST - Mercy - FT 1.0
CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.com.
1. Administers treatments to patients following identified treatment plan using techniques in a safe and acceptable manner.
2. Evaluates and assesses patients.
3. Educates patients and family in a home program.
4. Documents initial evaluations, progress notes, daily record/flow sheets and discharge summaries in a timely manner. Establishes short term goals, long term goals and reestablishes new goals as appropriate.
5. Communicates with Physicians in regard to patient treatment and progress.
6. Supervises and communicates with support staff regarding patient care activities to assure safety and well being of patient. Assists technicians, as needed, with patients set-ups to assure patient care.
7. Maintains established department policies, procedures, and objectives, concerning quality assurance, safety, environmental conditions and infection control.
8. Works collaboratively with Operations Director, professional and nonprofessional staff regarding departmental needs.
Preferred but not required. New graduate accepted.
Require a graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy School with any of the following degrees or combination of these degrees: BS, MS, MPT or DPT.
Must be licensed in the State of Nebraska or Iowa as a Physical Therapist; must be licensed in the state of practice.
BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR, PRO, must say “Professional Level-with AED”, and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
Good interpersonal skills. Good oral and written communication skills. Able to show empathy and compassion towards patients. Job requires frequent reading, writing and verbal communication skills.
Must tolerate long periods of being on ones feet. Typical Therapy environment with some sitting required as well as long periods of standing, walking kneeling and stooping.
Job Rehab Services (PT, OT, Speech)
Primary Location IOWA-COUNCIL BLUFFS-MERCY CB
Daily Schedule Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2017-R0108227