AmeriHealth Caritas Long-Term Services & Support Case Manager in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Long-Term Services & Support Case Manager
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
As part of the Community-based Care Management program, the Community Care Manager assists members appropriate for care coordination and case management program services in a community setting. The Community Care Manager collaborates with all levels of the Medical Management department for appropriate integration of Community Based Medical Management programs and with other existing and planned initiatives in order to align with annual operating plan and strategic growth initiatives. The Community Care Manager performs the following functions:
- Provides access to a single point of contact for member questions or inquiries;
- Conducts in-home environmental and physical assessments for high risk members to identify unmet needs and barriers to care;
- Develops an Individualized Care Plan that is periodically reviewed and updated;
- Provides disease self-management and coaching;
- Ensures the provision of services in the lease restrictive setting and transition support across and between specialties and care settings;
- Connects members to services that promote community living and help to delay or avoid nursing facility placement;
- Establishes points of contact in order to collaborate with identified community, medical and/or behavioral health teams;
- Works closely with and directs and supervises the work of the Community Care Connectors as they deliver in-community care support pathways to establish connections to appropriate services;
- May serve as a program subject matter expert and/or assist the Community Care Program Manager with operational responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- LTSS experience required
- Associate’s Degree (ASN only)
- If an ASN, must have an active Iowa license.
- Assist members in identifying resources and providers to ensure members’ needs are met.
- Bachelor’s degree with 30 semester hours or equivalent quarter hours in a human services field (including but not limited to psychology, social work, mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy, nursing, education, occupational therapy and recreational therapy)
- OR Iowa license to practice as a registered nurse. At least one year of experience in the delivery of services to the population groups that the person is hired to serve • At least three years of experience in the delivery of services to the population group the person is hired to serve.
This position will services Pottawattamie county and surrounding counties