Premium Retail Services Area Account Manager in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
*POSITION OPEN: *
Area Account Manager
*POSITION DESCRIPTION: *
- Coordinate and lead formal and informal training events on product features and benefits within store and market.
- Work directly with store management and store team members in a sales-driven retail environment to identify and execute on opportunities to increase sales associates’ understanding and advocacy of products.
- Maintain highly visible and consistent presence in designated carrier and retail stores within assigned territory.
- Establish oneself as the key point of contact for the Store Managers and team throughout the assigned market.
- Collaborate with product ambassadors in the region to drive strategic initiatives in store environments on behalf of the brand represented.
- Equip and empower the store teams by providing Train the Trainer sessions to the partner training teams.
- Foster strong relationships with store sales associates, retail sales management, and client management.
- Work with Regional Manager to determine prioritization of store visits during optimal store-traffic periods to maximize impact and meet training objectives.
- Ensure product display in-store is consistent with planogram guidelines and that devices are functioning properly.
- Routinely train, validate and assess retail sales associates’ knowledge and advocacy of products and brand.
- Regularly participate and/or present training content in retail sales location store meetings.
- Provide routine market intelligence and feedback on current retail market conditions and/or opportunities that may impact sales and market share.
- Collect and report information on competitive product and service offerings to management.
- Assist in the analysis of sales and market/territory data used to provide consultation and/or correction for under-performing stores.
- Manage and track performance against assigned directives and KPIs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree preferred with an emphasis in Business or Marketing desired.
- Minimum three years in sales required.
- Retail, merchandising, sales, marketing and or service organization experience required.
- Previous account management experience desirable.
- Experience in adult education, training/development or academic teaching ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, engagement and interpersonal skills combined with the unique ability to influence and impact target audiences required.
- Outstanding presentation skills with one-year experience in training delivery preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency required.
- Google Drive experience preferred.
- Understanding of learning management systems and online training course completion.
- Access to reliable transportation for travel within assigned territory.
- Internal vendor and/or client certifications as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license in state of residence. Proof of vehicle insurance required upon request, if applicable.
- Remote home office environment with up to 100% travel to corporate offices, client and/or vendor offices, training or convention venues and retail establishments. Occasional overnight travel required.
- Potential for occasional before and after-hours work, weekend (Saturday and Sunday) work and holiday (major national) work.
A competitive salary along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, Company paid life, short term disability, Voluntary Life, 401K match and a generous Paid Time Off program.
Premium has been pioneering bold retail strategies, tools and technologies since 1985 with a single goal: to help our partners advance their industries and the lives of their consumers.
Experts in strategy, merchandising, brand advocacy and support, we employ a tailored approach to answering each client's unique business needs. Together with our clients, we're inventing and leading a new era in retail, moving foward by moving beyond what's expected.
Behind every decision. Premium.
Retail experience? Check. An unbeatable work ethic? Check. A burning desire to be part of a team delivering results for a cutting-edge roster of clients? Check. You just might be Premium.
Propel brands to new heights with integrity and imagination. Join our team and be the next big thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED | DRUG TEST REQUIRED | E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
Market: IA, Cedar Rapids
Rep City/Location: Cedar Rapids